Welcome to the Westbridge Teaching School Alliance.
Westbridge is a National Teaching School. Platt Bridge Community School and Westfield Community School work in partnership to lead the teaching school. Both schools have a proven track record of excellence in their own schools and excellence in supporting other schools.
Westbridge Teaching School:
- Trains new teachers through Kingsbridge (SCITT)
- Supports school improvement
- Develops research that helps grow the profession.
- Develops new, middle and senior leaders to help support the next generation of leaders.
- Provides high quality continuous professional development.
- Supports groups of schools to access government funding on behalf of the system.
We work with a range of schools across the region to achieve our aims.
Westbridge Teaching School Alliance aims to:
- Improve the quality and impact of leadership, teaching and learning within the schools we work with.
- Train the next generation of outstanding teachers through Kingsbridge teacher training.
- Lead peer to peer learning and professional development, including the designation and deployment of Specialist Leaders of Education (SLE's)
- Identify talent within schools and nurture leadership potential.
- Support schools in innovative research projects